This is where potential members can come and introduce themselves
Mardi
BAG GCR
Legion id#: 53566
Name: Abigail P

A Very Excited Hello

Post by Mardi »

Hello everyone!

My name is Abigail. I have wanted to get into the 501st ever since I heard about it after I got REALLY into Star Wars, which was only about 2.5 years ago now. I had no idea where to start until I actually met some of the group recently and I am super excited to start working on my first build! I'm going to be starting with the Tie Fighter Reserve Pilot, working on it as I am able to.

The Mandalorian series was the first Star Wars thing I ever saw and it got me really into SW. I barely finished watching all of the movies before turning 18, but I made it XD

Thank y'all for having me and I'm excited to get involved!
Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Re: A Very Excited Hello

Post by Dewka »

Hello Mardi, and welcome to our not so little group.
Im glad you have decided to take the path to the Dark Side. We have better cookies.

Great pic by the way, I believe you will be the only one of us with a type rating on your FAA cert, mine are all ground ratings. I CAN fly, but you wont like the landing. Its been about forty years since I landed one!

Once you have more access and can see more, you will have new options opened up to you. Make sure to join the Jolly Rogers Squadron, and check the vendor resource list there. If you find something on Etsy, be VERY suspect, there is a lot expensive trash out there in the wild.
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor
Mardi
BAG GCR

Post by Mardi »

Dewka wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:06 am Hello Mardi, and welcome to our not so little group.
Im glad you have decided to take the path to the Dark Side. We have better cookies.

Great pic by the way, I believe you will be the only one of us with a type rating on your FAA cert, mine are all ground ratings. I CAN fly, but you wont like the landing. Its been about forty years since I landed one!

Once you have more access and can see more, you will have new options opened up to you. Make sure to join the Jolly Rogers Squadron, and check the vendor resource list there. If you find something on Etsy, be VERY suspect, there is a lot expensive trash out there in the wild.
Thank you! Better aesthetics and better cookies are about as much as I could ever ask for!

And that’s awesome! Any landing you can walk away from is a good one in my books. I’ve only had my license for about 16 months, so I don’t have the practiced ease of many years of flying experience quite yet XD

I have my JRS account up and running so I’ve definitely been doing a lot of looking around for resources and information!
Shanester
BAG XO
Legion id#: 71969
Name: Shane Aubrey

Post by Shanester »

Welcome aboard. If I can help you any with your costume or what you need to do to become official, feel free to reach out.
ImageImageImageImage
Mardi
BAG GCR

Post by Mardi »

Shanester wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:54 pm Welcome aboard. If I can help you any with your costume or what you need to do to become official, feel free to reach out.
Much appreciated! I plan to try to attend build days and other things, even if I am not actively working on my costume, so I can at least learn some stuff and meet some people.
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Post by Reela »

Welcome Mardi.
If you have questions or need advice please reach out.
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting