Bantha Rider Tusken

Post pictures, questions and ideas of your costumes as you work on them.
Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Bantha Rider Tusken

Post by Dewka »

This is my type 2 A New Hope Bantha Rider tusken raider. I boubght my helmet back, and got back to work.

***This costume was rapidly approved**** Thank you Shane and thank you Evan for taking the pics at the work day.

So, here we go a full rundown for anyone that wants a good long read with lots of technical details

Helmet is a rewrap and repair of my old helmet that I sold to my BCO a few years ago. So now its fully up to spec and weathered. Breather is made from aluminum parts from A&J Productions in Poland on a 5/16" aluminum rod, wrapped in leather, roughed up and weathered with the same weathering powders I used all over the rest of the costume. The cut leather lip points upwards from the front.
Finished today
Repair- lens was falling off
ImageImage
rewrap
I sewed up a neck seal from the arm and helmet wraps
The robes were sewn to meet both wrists, for the bantha rider variant which iw worn with the robes closed wrapped over each other. Figuring out how to make it wrap, drape, fit, and reach down to the ground had been a pain in the third point of contact!

I also whipped up a sash out of heavy canvas, double thick, reinforced and stitched with four string type ties at the back, which was weathered for replicating sweat plus dirt being trapped under the sash and the bando.
The robes both inner and outer were built up, and heavily weathered using:
Tea, coffee grounds, 3 different shades of RIT dye *Tan, Pearl grey and Taupe) spray paints misted on from a distance, more coffee grounds, more tea, more coffee grounds and more spray paints. There were a total of 8 rounds of weathering after an overnight soak in the old "godzilla" dye mix for that accurate golden tan color seen on the canyon rim.
Armwraps were made up with light brown twill stripped run through the washer, dryer and stitched to a sleeve after three rounds of weathering.

The boots were my original boots from my original ANH Tusken.
The gloves are canvas work gloves given a full tea dye then worked over with a variety of weathering techniques
ImageImage
Bandoliers are all made by me, and weathered with my "how to weather bandoliers " tutorial found here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... p?t=116857
I made turkish ottomon, 303 victorial cavalry and mauser style bandoliers from vinyl and weathered appropriately.
ImageImage
I will build a club gaffi later, but I want to make a bridle and harness first. I AM a Bantha rider after all.
Here are all the inner layers under the robe, before we went out to take my approval photos. The weather held off long enough to get some great shots.\
Submission forthcoming!
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor
Shanester
BAG XO
Legion id#: 71969
Name: Shane Aubrey

Re: Bantha Rider Tusken

Post by Shanester »

You are a very talented builder. Of course, this one is an easy approval. Good luck with RL and thanks for posting the construction details.
ImageImageImageImage
Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Re: Bantha Rider Tusken

Post by Dewka »

Thanks Shane.

the RL has different ideas and has made the approval difficult.

I will be re photographing things, and when I do I will set up a typical ANH Tusken set of photos and submit those as well, that way im dual rated for both riding AND walking.

if anyone wants to walk single file and not sure where to start, send me a message. Tuskens really are fun to wear.

David
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor
Noah417
BAG Member