WIP ESB Vader

Post pictures, questions and ideas of your costumes as you work on them.
DHKnecht
Name: Don Knecht

Re: WIP ESB Vader

Post by DHKnecht »

Noah -- looks great. On another note, you even look a little like Hayden Christensen. You should go for the "On my way to Mustafar" pre-armor Vader too.
Noah417
BAG Member
Name: Noah M.

Post by Noah417 »

DHKnecht wrote:Noah -- looks great. On another note, you even look a little like Hayden Christensen. You should go for the "On my way to Mustafar" pre-armor Vader too.
I’ve heard that a few times! I don’t know where to get a legit Whig or scar makeup, but I’d definitely have fun trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noah417
BAG Member

Post by Noah417 »

Noah417
BAG Member

Post by Noah417 »

Some of the pictures wouldn’t send, but just sent these in for approval after I got my cape tailored!

Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Post by Dewka »

Good luck!
its been a long time since I was a GML and I havent looked at the CRLs in that long either but best of luck to you.
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor
Noah417
BAG Member

Post by Noah417 »

Dewka wrote:Good luck!
its been a long time since I was a GML and I havent looked at the CRLs in that long either but best of luck to you.
Approved no issue! Can’t wait to troop with y’all

Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Post by Dewka »

Thats outstanding!

Congratulations on what is often a fairly involved approval!
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor
klebaron70
BAG Member
Legion id#: SL-52575
Name: Kenny L.

Post by klebaron70 »

Looks great My friend. Being Vader is a never ending evolution. It is a sick obsession but rewarding. My first was an ESB set from Custom Props (501st approved). My 2nd set came from Portumac (Manny). The Portumac fits great and was cosmetically perfect but not screen accurate. My 3rd came from Mike Warren. His cast has lineage from the set used in ESB (Cloud City fight scene). My paint job was poor though so I had to have it professionally repainted. I've heard that Mike now outsources the paint work to a painter, which was needed. I want to get a JMC set but there is a long wait. My Vader buddies (Miami and Belgium) both ordered JMC's... they are prestine.

The hardest part of the build for me was building a modulator that was exact, loud, mechanically activated by a accessible switch and well concealed. Through lots of trial and error (and alot of $$$) I have built the perfect system. I use bose tweeters under the chest armor and on the power pack that clips to the back of my belt. The modulator is a Vortex 3 but I custom built the amplifier. The switch is small, hand held and retractable (to the back of the belt) and I added a volume switch. Feedback has been my biggest challenge. I finally have the right balance. I use a 12v lithium ion power pack for my cooling system and one for my voice system.

It's always great to meet other Vaders. Welcome!
Darth Santa
:vader:
Noah417
BAG Member

Post by Noah417 »

klebaron70 wrote:Looks great My friend. Being Vader is a never ending evolution. It is a sick obsession but rewarding. My first was an ESB set from Custom Props (501st approved). My 2nd set came from Portumac (Manny). The Portumac fits great and was cosmetically perfect but not screen accurate. My 3rd came from Mike Warren. His cast has lineage from the set used in ESB (Cloud City fight scene). My paint job was poor though so I had to have it professionally repainted. I've heard that Mike now outsources the paint work to a painter, which was needed. I want to get a JMC set but there is a long wait. My Vader buddies (Miami and Belgium) both ordered JMC's... they are prestine.

The hardest part of the build for me was building a modulator that was exact, loud, mechanically activated by a accessible switch and well concealed. Through lots of trial and error (and alot of $$$) I have built the perfect system. I use bose tweeters under the chest armor and on the power pack that clips to the back of my belt. The modulator is a Vortex 3 but I custom built the amplifier. The switch is small, hand held and retractable (to the back of the belt) and I added a volume switch. Feedback has been my biggest challenge. I finally have the right balance. I use a 12v lithium ion power pack for my cooling system and one for my voice system.

It's always great to meet other Vaders. Welcome!
The last thing I honestly need is the voice modulator, and hard hat helmet liner. I don’t know how to install it myself, and without it I can’t install fans because there isn’t enough room in the helmet for my huge head. I ordered a zoom multistomp, my friend got it to sound GREAT. (Also my belt buckle was ROTJ at first, but I got the proper esb version.) I’m able to troop, but I really need those fans in soon.

klebaron70
BAG Member
Legion id#: SL-52575
Name: Kenny L.

Post by klebaron70 »

The hard hat liner isn't too difficult if you have the tools. I've installed cooling systems and Liners in all three of my helmets. How far away do you live from Lafayette? You can bring your gear over one weekend and I will do it for you.
Darth Santa
:vader: