Hugs and Hellos

All Non-Members and Pending Members can post here.
kme1682
BAG Member
Legion id#: 1682
Name: Krista

Hugs and Hellos

Post by kme1682 »

Hey y'all,

Saw a tornado touched down right down the street from my mom n' em. Family is okay, and they didn't experience any major wind effects. Just wanted to pop in and say howdy as well!

[EDIT: We have lots of folks up here asking if y'all are okay. I just read on nola.com all of the places where a tornado touched down, and it was a lot more than what was reported earlier today. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help out. I'll pass it along. Much love and hugs. -K]

Sean and I are missing carnival this year and missing y'all as well. I'm thinking of having a little soiree with shoebox floats for the kids to make, and beads to catch from the backyard balcony. (That's the closest I'll get to a float.) Maybe have my own "King Cake Fest" for the kids to learn about Mardi Gras.... 8-) Suuuuuuure, for the kids. ;)
Anywhere else I should consider an order? (They'll need to ship up to Boston.)
- Haydel's, Gambino's, Randazzo's and Maurice's for a representative French galette de rois

We might be coming down in June for a surprise, but it'll depend on how the spring goes. At the very latest, I'll be in town Fall 2017 for Homecoming. So I hope there's a troop or build day for Sean and I to join in or visit.

I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Celebration. Sean and I are going to the Jock Lindsay Hangar Bar on Wed the 12th at 4pm. (It's an Indiana Jones themed bar at Disney Springs- formerly called Downtown Disney) If any of y'all are around at that time and are inclined, it would be awesome to share some libations, fortune and glory with ya. Fortune and Glory, kid!

Big 'ole hugs from the snowy north. Much love, Krista (and Sean too)
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Re: Hugs and Hellos

Post by Reela »

Thanks for checking in with us Krista. I think just about everyone has checked in and all are safe. Tell those who asked about us, thank you. We appreciate it.

We are glad to hear your mom 'n' 'em are okay.

Your mini Mardi Gras sounds great.

Thanks again.
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting
niugnep
BAG Member
Legion id#: 8453
Name: David White

Post by niugnep »

Glad everyone is safe. Sorry we won't see you for Mardi Gras this year. You will be missed.
A filmmaker's journey as a stormtrooper.

TK 8453 - FO Stormtrooper
TK 8453 - ANH Stormtrooper Centurion
ID 8453 - Staff Officer
ST 8453 - Shoretrooper, Captain

VADER1
BAG Member
Legion id#: 1190
Name: Gary

Post by VADER1 »

Krista,

Thank you so much for your concern for us.

Y'all will be missed this Mardi Gras, but sounds like you will be having some fun. I believe Randazzo's is the king cake of choice, but, you can't go wrong with Gambino's or Haydel's. I have never had one from Maurice's.

Pretty sure they all ship.
Gary "VADER1" Breaux SL-1190
Bast Alpha Founding Member
501st Legion member since July 21, 2006
SITH MASTER: 125+ Troops as Darth Vader
Droid Hunt Winner:
2009 DragonCon 23
2010 Star Wars Celebration V
2011 All-Con 7
2015 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim
2017 Star Wars Celebration Orlando
kme1682
BAG Member
Legion id#: 1682
Name: Krista

Post by kme1682 »

Thanks so much y'all!

With all the snow we're having right now, I'm going to go catch some in a cup and pour on some nectar syrup. Yeah-you-right!
Superhugs 'n love, -Krista