Heyo! New recruit out of lafayette!

This is where potential members can come and introduce themselves
callm3hunt3r
BAG Guest
Name: Hunter Fontenot

Heyo! New recruit out of lafayette!

Post by callm3hunt3r »

Thank you guys for accepting me! I can't wait to be a part of everything and events to come! My name is Hunter Fontenot, I'm a paramedic for Acadian. I've been in EMS since I was 19 years old...currently 25. :scout: I've been a star wars enthusiast since I can remember. I'm very anxious to finally get outfitted into some armor and take part in events with you guys! Scout troopers have always been my favorite..i guess because the battle of Endor has always intrigued me. Any advice on being part this organization..armor outfitting..blasters..etc would be much appreciated. Thank you again!

Lok'Tar Ogar! (Victory or death)

~Hunter :scout: :trooper: :snow:
Balcony Brawler
BAG Member
Legion id#: TR 11107
Name: Steven R.

Re: Heyo! New recruit out of lafayette!

Post by Balcony Brawler »

Hey Hunter!

WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!

But seriously, Welcome! We're excited that your here! I'm Steven the Academy Instructor. I'm also a nurse at Children's Hospital.
Start your journey here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... ut_trooper
Thsts the CRL for the bikerscout.

Next head on over to the pathfinder's detachment and sign up there : http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?act=home
There you will find a plethora of info related to bikerscouts.

If you have any questions please let us know! We're more than happy to help!
:royalg: The Emperor's Thinking Guard :royalg:

Copilot - The Brawling Shark
Archer
501st member
Legion id#: 14425
Name: Archer

Post by Archer »

Welcome Hunter
biker scout huh? Well those Ewoks really did you guys a number on the Forest moon didn't they? Well tricky little blighters aren't they. Lol
When you sign up on Bikerscout.net on the forums you will see it is divided up into two sections, Biker Scout and Kashyyyk trooper. Even further subdivided into armor parts, both soft and hard, then into weapons/sidearms!
I tell this to evey person signing up for the first time. Read read read and research.....the forums has all the answers you can think of and more. It has info on persons WIPs aka "work in progress" usually with lots of pictures to show how it is done.
The most common question asked is "what is the best armor made?" The answer is always " what fits your body best!" That is why we say do the research. It took me 6 months to learn what armor was best for my sandtrooper that fit my body frame, mostly because I procrastinate A LOT! Don't let that deter you I just mean everybody goes at different speeds.
You will find many people from all over the world willing to help you complete your costume. WHY? Because we all understand what it is to start from scratch with little or no craft skills, and we know the feeling of wearing something that we all dream of doing.
Again Welcome and MTFBWY
Approved Pilot TI-14425

If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

The warrior code. The delight in the battle, you understand that, yes? But also something more. You understand there is something outside yourself that has to be served. And when that need is gone, when belief has died, what are you? A man without a master.
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Post by Reela »

Welcome Hunter. Its great to have another Lafayette area recruit. We have like 3-4 who are just starting to make costumes. You arrived at just the right time.
We are trying to organize an armor part for this coming Saturday night. You are welcome to come by and so we can all meet.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask or call (337 257-4188).
And if you want to build a scout we have a local guy that has already built one and can show you everything you need.
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting
Bubonos
BAG Member
Legion id#: 43759
Name: Jeremy Beech

Post by Bubonos »

Welcome fellow hopeful tree dodger!!! Always excited to see someone building or wanting to build a scout! Definitely look up bikerscout.net. I'm Bubonos there as well. Any questions, ask and look up Paul Land aka Landeaux. Look forward to trooping with you and if you can make it to the baton rouge zoo this Friday and wrangle you can meet some great troopers. Watch out for that tree trooper!
Scout love from the forest moon.
phpBB [media]
VADER1
BAG Member
Legion id#: 1190
Name: Gary

Post by VADER1 »

Welcome Hunter! Glad to have you on the forum. Great to see another recruit in Lafayette!!! You have a great group of troopers in Lafayette that should be able to help you out.
Gary "VADER1" Breaux SL-1190
Bast Alpha Founding Member
501st Legion member since July 21, 2006
SITH MASTER: 125+ Troops as Darth Vader
Droid Hunt Winner:
2009 DragonCon 23
2010 Star Wars Celebration V
2011 All-Con 7
2015 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim
2017 Star Wars Celebration Orlando
Landeaux
BAG Member
Legion id#: 11981
Name: Paul

Post by Landeaux »

Welcome Hunter. That is a perfect name for a scout. I can help with any questions on the scout costume.
Cyber Bishop
BAG Member
Legion id#: 2926
Name: Earl

Post by Cyber Bishop »

Welcome Hunter!
Deputy Legion forum Admin
FISD
IOC
Kilted Trooper Brigade
300 + troops lifetime

2012 Silver Super Trooper
2013 Gold Super Trooper
2014 Gold Super Trooper
2015 Gold Super Trooper
Comicpalooza 2015 Droid hunt winner
Mechacon 2015 Droid hunt winner

"We are soldiers of the Empire. To be able to serve is the only honour we need."
"It should always be about what you can DO for the Legion, not what you can get OUT of it"
"I never realized you were so serious about imaginary ranks handed out by your friends."
- Eric to Kelso, That 70's Show
Do I have your attention yet?? Well do I?