I return! :D

This is where potential members can come and introduce themselves
Blayaden01
BAG Guest
Name: Michael Ruggia

I return! :D

Post by Blayaden01 »

Hello all! My name is Michael and I was a member about 4-5 years ago. Back then I had a Boba Fett "in progress" and I marched once with the 501st.

Now since my Fett would require a complete overhaul (which I don't have the money for) I've decided to go with something less complicated and build a Stormtrooper. Its been a while and I really don't know where to start, so I'd appreciate any help and advice you can give me!
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Re: I return! :D

Post by Reela »

Welcome back!
I wish I could help with the TK but the only think I can give his words of encouragement.
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting
Blayaden01
BAG Guest

Post by Blayaden01 »

Reela wrote:Welcome back!
I wish I could help with the TK but the only think I can give his words of encouragement.
Thank you! Currently I'm trying to figure out the different types of TK variants. I know there's the ANH "Stunt" and "Hero," ESB, and ROTJ, but aside from the stunt and hero I can't tell the armor's apart!
Landeaux
BAG Member
Legion id#: 11981
Name: Paul

Post by Landeaux »

Welcome back. I'm sure some of the TK's will chime in, but place you can go for help is the Stormtrooper detachment (FISD) http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Blayaden01
BAG Guest

Post by Blayaden01 »

Landeaux wrote:Welcome back. I'm sure some of the TK's will chime in, but place you can go for help is the Stormtrooper detachment (FISD) http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Thank you! I'll check it out! ^^
Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Post by Dewka »

Welcome back Mike!

it was good to see you and get to talk to you Saturday.

You cant go wrong with having a TK. Just make sure to get the bst components, and most importantly be patient when you order it. it may takes --and usually does--longer than the person says. He or she has a real life so that often gets in the way of punching out the plastic. BUT when you get that big box of plastic, you will be amazed, overjoyed, and perhaps just a hair intimidated.

I would suggest doing two things on the FISD:

really digging into and reading the Work in Progress threads, and read as many of the tutorials as you can. There are several different ways to put these together, and you may fid you like one way over the other.

it wont be long before you tell the armor apart. In helmets, it comes down to facial features and colors. ANH Handplates are a dead giveaway.

follow my mantra used on the JRS, and you wont go wrong

Read, Research and Understand before you buy anything .

glad to have you back with us Mike!
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor
Blayaden01
BAG Guest

Post by Blayaden01 »

I'm glad to be back, Dave! :D

I've been browsing through the forums for the past few days, looking at builds and wips, and I think I've decided on doing a classic ANH "stunt" costume.

I really don't know where to start though. There are a ton of armor's available, and I don't know how much they cost/how much work I'm gonna need to put into them. I don't really have much space to work, and to be honest the easiest thing would to buy someone else's armor used. I'm also on a 1500$ budget.

Who can I ask for advice?
Dewka
BAG Member

Post by Dewka »

continue your readings. You are on step 1 of about a 10 step decision making process. Start paying attention to peoples descriptions of themself. As I told you, you will literally fit any TK maker out there because of your body mass.

As far as space, parties are held as well as working with others, to build things. I tend to build everthing either on the kitchen table, or on a table in the garage.

regarding purchasing somene else's armor, when you buy their completely built kit, you buy all of their problems.
On Time, On Target

Velker Actual
Blayaden01
BAG Guest

Post by Blayaden01 »

Alright then. I'll keep reading. I just wish I had more of a guide. ^_^;
Dewka
BAG Member

Post by Dewka »

Mike you're in what I call the "acquisition phase". You are literally learning a brand new language, just as we all did. Keep reading, it will sort itself out and make sense soon. The Whitearmor guides are the best out there. Follow the WIP threads, read all the tutorials, and over time you will find not only an armor you prefer , but a building style you want to try.

Also , we have a LOT of events coming up in October. Like 20+. Future members are always more than welcome to come out meet the Garrison and help out with the troop.
On Time, On Target

Velker Actual