Hi everyone.

This is where potential members can come and introduce themselves
Ironphoenix
BAG Guest
Name: John Davis

Re: Hi everyone.

Post by Ironphoenix »

Thanks! whitearmor had a really good thread with a list of suppliers for various types and what/who to avoid. Inquiries have been initiated!
gwhetzler
501st member
Legion id#: 12018
Name: Garland Whetzler

Post by gwhetzler »

No prob. they have a LOT of info over there. I built my armor by myself using the guides they have. Although I didn't go as crazy as they did. I went for comfort over screen accurate. Keep in mind that sometimes the things they say are to the FAR right and they tend to be elitist's with their armor. I'm not knocking it, I just want to troop and have fun. Different mindsets I guess.
halyonix
BAG Member
Legion id#: TK 10800
Name: haley valdes

Post by halyonix »

welcome!
Haley - TK 10800
Kecro

Post by Kecro »

Welcome to the boards John. When I first made my Stormtrooper i was 295 lbs am 6'2 the kit I went with was the AM kit. Several changes have been made to this particular kit so I would definatly ask the maker to send you some photos of it. The AM kit b/c of the size of the chest and back and my helmet i am only able to get base entry level with it. Screen accurate chest & back are smaller than what i have, also the helmet is the biggest they make and I believe they don't make it anymore. Could be wrong though! If you have any questions just ask the guys here and on the FISD boards.
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Post by Reela »

John, I am the guy you were talking to at Bayou Con. I am glad you got on the forums.
Whether you decid to do a TK or Vade or a TUSKEN, there are plenty of people that would be willing to help.
Just let us know how we can help.
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting
Ironphoenix
BAG Guest
Name: John Davis

Post by Ironphoenix »

Reela wrote:John, I am the guy you were talking to at Bayou Con. I am glad you got on the forums.
Whether you decid to do a TK or Vade or a TUSKEN, there are plenty of people that would be willing to help.
Just let us know how we can help.

I went with a Tusken, looking at tutorials for Gaffi Sticks. The resin kit is great, but I only need the spiked head. The search continues..... I did manage to get my hands on a couple of ww2 ammo belts and a godzilla kit mask.
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Post by Reela »

Ironphoenix wrote:I went with a Tusken, looking at tutorials for Gaffi Sticks. The resin kit is great, but I only need the spiked head. The search continues..... I did manage to get my hands on a couple of ww2 ammo belts and a godzilla kit mask.
Sweet! Have you signed up on the Krayt Clan? They have lots of good info and tutorials there. Gaffi sticks are pretty easy. Dewka helped me make mine. He is full of help and information.
If you need anything just let me know.
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting
halyonix
BAG Member
Legion id#: TK 10800
Name: haley valdes

Post by halyonix »

yay more tuskens!!
Haley - TK 10800
Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Post by Dewka »

i used a B grade flexible totokia head from Kingjawa when he did a run. It finally broke on the way to dragoncon but getting trapped in a door didnt help any.

Like Jeff, I made mine from a dowel, J pipe and plastic.

i got repro .303 cavalry bandoliers and weathered them with a variety of techniques.

The Godzilla is the top of the linle when it comes to Tusken masks. Ive seen the rest of his kit, its really nice.
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor