Hello all

This is where potential members can come and introduce themselves
greyghost
BAG Guest
Name: Neil Mc

Hello all

Post by greyghost »

I wanted to introduce myself and give you all a little background on myself. This weekend was Cajun Modelfest and I have been attending for I think it's five years now. I happened to bring my ESB Fett EE3 blaster I have been working on just in case there was a category for it, and there was. Talking with Dewka about entering it, he mentioned this site to me and suggested I sign up. Well here I am. :)

I've been an artist since I was a kid and have had a passion for Star Wars for just as long as well. The two naturally collided and I now find myself getting more and more involved in prop making. Since Aug of 2011 I have been a member of The Dented Helmet when I began putting together my first Fett build, which sadly did not get completed. Well, I have once again begun that process again and have started on my second ESB Boba build. I have a good ways to go but most of the items, probably 90% of them, are in my possession so it's down to assembly painting and weathering, the part I enjoy the most :) Oh and this time, it WILL be finished.

I have also been working on finishing up an ESB Vader bust (just waiting on the chest box to build and paint) and will soon start on a Tie pilot bust as well as a full Stormtrooper build. Yep, I have a lot of projects going on at once, but it keeps me busy and keeps things fresh for me. As an artist I tend to get bored from time to time if I'm just working on one project at a time and then it gets neglected. :shock:

I'd liked to thank Brian (Dewka) again for leading me here and for the great info he shared with me today. Happy to be here and look forward to talking with you all.

Cheers,
Neil
Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Re: Hello all

Post by Dewka »

hey Neil!

Actually its David, but Dewka is how the rest of the world knows me. After all these years of seeing your models on tables and seeing you at shows, I had no idea that you were also a SW fan. When you asked me what catagory to put a prop into, in my modeling mind I was thinking "aircraft, or ship propeller". But when you said EE3...whole new layers of complexity and interest opened up.

You have been on the right track, working slowly and going by the TDH's advice, and your Porty Vader gear will serve you well, as well. Funny thing, too, I can certainly help you with the TIE gear.

You would be more than welcome to come to our events, see how we operate, and let you catch some Bast Alpha flavor. Our Calendar is posted here in the forum and you should be able to see it. We have Free Comic Book Day on May 3 and one of the locations I will be attending is Lafayette.

Great to see you yesterday, congratulations on your wins, and great to see you here as well!
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Post by Reela »

Welcome Neil.
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting
Gilamu
BAG Guard
Legion id#: 2954
Name: Bill Plasse

Post by Gilamu »

Welcome to the boards- glad to have you!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
Cyber Bishop
BAG Member
Legion id#: 2926
Name: Earl

Post by Cyber Bishop »

Welcome Neil!
Deputy Legion forum Admin
FISD
IOC
Kilted Trooper Brigade
300 + troops lifetime

2012 Silver Super Trooper
2013 Gold Super Trooper
2014 Gold Super Trooper
2015 Gold Super Trooper
Comicpalooza 2015 Droid hunt winner
Mechacon 2015 Droid hunt winner

"We are soldiers of the Empire. To be able to serve is the only honour we need."
"It should always be about what you can DO for the Legion, not what you can get OUT of it"
"I never realized you were so serious about imaginary ranks handed out by your friends."
- Eric to Kelso, That 70's Show
Do I have your attention yet?? Well do I?
lsuackbar
BAG Member
Legion id#: 21991
Name: Stephen R.

Post by lsuackbar »

Welcome! Glad you met Dewka! you stick with him and you'll be alright!
I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!