Hello from New Orleans

This is where potential members can come and introduce themselves
zachord22
BAG Guest
Name: Zach A

Hello from New Orleans

Post by zachord22 »

Hello all! Future TK here. Ordered my kit from Anovos and hoping it all turns out legit. Really looking forward to trooping! Hope to get some help on the fitting and shimming as I purchased the kit version. I was hoping to get the armor in sooner for Mardi Gras but doesn't look like its going to happen. Any suggestion welcome on finding/ and or building an E-11. Already have boots on the way and hope to be on the ground soon!
VADER1
BAG Member
Legion id#: 1190
Name: Gary

Re: Hello from New Orleans

Post by VADER1 »

Zach,

Welcome to the Bast Alpha forum. We are glad to have you join us. Great to hear you have a set of Anovos stormtrooper armor. Several of us have also ordered kits too.
Have you joined the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment? There are a few different avenues you can take on the E-11. Budget is one factor, also if you are looking to get approved as an Expert or Centurion Stormtrooper, you may want a more accurate blaster made of resin or hard rubber than a Hasbro or Disney blaster with a Doopy Doo detail kit. Personally, I troop with a Hasbro stormtrooper blaster that has a Doopy Doo detail kit installed on it. It is not screen accurate, and I am fine with that. it is not as expensive as an all resin or rubber one, and has lights and sounds that the kids like. 8-)

Check out the blaster section. Once you join you will have greater access to more infomation and sellers,

www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Gary "VADER1" Breaux SL-1190
Bast Alpha Founding Member
501st Legion member since July 21, 2006
SITH MASTER: 125+ Troops as Darth Vader
Droid Hunt Winner:
2009 DragonCon 23
2010 Star Wars Celebration V
2011 All-Con 7
2015 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim
2017 Star Wars Celebration Orlando
Reela
BAG CO
Legion id#: 10008
Name: Jeffrey Corbello

Post by Reela »

Welcome Zach
Jeffrey Corbello - DZ-10008
The Scourge of Tattooine - 350 Troops as a Sand Person....and counting
zachord22
BAG Guest
Name: Zach A

Post by zachord22 »

Thanks Vader1 for the info! i have already registered with FISD. I have been going back and forth about my e-11. part of me wants to go the hasbro/doopydoo way but i am really afraid of dropping it because i am a klutz. There is a guy on ebay selling urethane rubber ones and the other part of me just wants to do a one-and-done and never have to worry about it. How long does a doopydoo kit normally take to assemble? after reading more on FISD i am thinking my armor hopefully wont take much modification as i am right at 6'1 170. Looking forward to a hopeful build party so i can get going asap. really would be great to storm the quarter with you guys!
VADER1
BAG Member
Legion id#: 1190
Name: Gary

Post by VADER1 »

Zach,

Sounds like you are on the right road. The doopydoo kit does not take long at all to install, depending on the glue you use. I used super strong slow setting hot glue years ago on mine and and it has held up pretty well. It has taken it's fair minor damage over time.

The rubber blasters are great, especially the hyperfirm. You never have to worry about anything breaking and they look great, but usually cost a little more.
Gary "VADER1" Breaux SL-1190
Bast Alpha Founding Member
501st Legion member since July 21, 2006
SITH MASTER: 125+ Troops as Darth Vader
Droid Hunt Winner:
2009 DragonCon 23
2010 Star Wars Celebration V
2011 All-Con 7
2015 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim
2017 Star Wars Celebration Orlando
Dewka
BAG Member
Legion id#: 4019
Name: David Campbell

Post by Dewka »

welcome to the forum.

i spend more time prepping for paint (Im very serious about my paint) than doing the actual mod. A doopy kit is not at all hard to install, the new design is very user friendly, and IIRC involves only 3 cuts on the original blaster. We did one in my garage *very* slowly and it took about 90 minutes. I dont use superglue to assemble, i use black E6000 over very rough plastic, and drill a series of dents into the resin bits to help the E6000 chemically and mechanically bond.

I hold a work day every third sunday of the month in my house in Watson, you are welcome to attend
High Altitude Bombardment
Planetary Mass Redistribution
On Time, On Target
Fighter pilots make holovids
Bomber Pilots Make History

IS/TX/TX/TX/TI/TA/TS/RP/IC/IG / DZ

Velker Actual
Regimental Sergeant Major, Tannerman Rifle Regiment, RMMC
David, Louisiana's first Visitor